Share this job:
NSMHA is looking for a Controller to join our finance team! The controller is responsible for overseeing the financial operations of the Agency and its affiliate entities including accounting functions, banking, and payroll services. We’re looking for a candidate with a take-charge attitude to continually strive to increase the efficiency of the Accounting Department.
What you’ll do:
- Perform accounting functions and reconciliations, as needed, including review of revenue posted by third party and contract billing.
- Generate monthly financial statements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage accounting (Sage) and financial reporting (Renovo) softwares.
- Maintain the books and records of the agency with GAAP and government auditing standards, including OMB, Section A-133 and Mass. Exec. Office of Administration and Finance.
- Manage and coordinate the accurate and timely recording of all financial information including cash receipts and disbursement, AP and AR, payroll and benefits, journal entries and the general ledger.
- Prepare monthly financial reports including the profit & loss statements, balance sheet, and other monthly reports as needed.
- Oversee bank reconciliations and prepares as required.
- Provide support to non-financial managers/staff in accounting and finance related topics, as primary liaison to financial operations.
- Coordinate the annual audit from preparation to completion.
- Supervise accounting staff including, but not limited to, accounts payable, rep payee and payroll.
What you’ll need:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business administration or a related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in non-profit or comparable organization.
- Skills: Experience with Sage accounting software and Renovo reporting software preferred. Experience with accrual accounting, cost allocation, budget development and administration/ financial reporting. Hands-on accounting experience.
- Full COVID Vaccination required within 2 months of employment (on-site vaccination currently available by appointment).
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities