Share this job:
North Suffolk is looking for a Contracts Manager to join our team! The Contracts Manager provides leadership, support and expertise for the agency’s contracts. They are responsible for outcomes for the agency in: billing and collections for all contracts; the contracts receivable information systems; communications between agency and payer systems which establish regulations and contracts and payment systems for agency programs; interpretation of regulations and payer policies and development of agency policies and procedures which comply with laws and regulations of payer systems.
The Contract Manager will assure efficient billing and collections of all agency services, effective customer service and customer relations for clients and payers, and compliance with all laws and regulations of governmental payment entities.
The projected pay range for this position is $55,000-$70,000 depending on experience.
What you’ll do:
- Accurately bill all contracts and post to accounts receivable according to set deadlines.
- Supervise and train personnel performing billing and/or collections.
- Verify and post all contract cash received to the accounts receivable system on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable aging to the general ledger on a monthly basis with the reconciliation approved by the Controller.
- Pursue full collection of all contract money owed to NSMHA and its affiliates.
- Maintain a complete contract file of each contract held by the agency with all pertinent documentation.
- Prepare and present a contract variance report for the CEO, COO, and CFO on a monthly basis to monitor contract performance.
- Establish policies and procedures, which comply with all laws and regulations of governmental agencies, and maximizes revenue by timely and efficient billing, tracking, and follow-up, interpreting regulations and communications, and interacting with governmental regulators.
- Serve as the agencies’ primary contact with governmental entities for payment systems and issues; coordinates the flow of written, verbal, and electronic information.
- Develop and produce appropriate tracking and monitoring reports for the Controller and CFO by:
- Analyzing, forecasting, monitoring, and preparing reports
- Analyzing all contract revenues and collections for budgeting, financial management and audit purposes.
- Maintaining data on current contract cost reimbursements, rates and units of services.
- Reporting under-billing and setting up meetings with the CEO, CFO, and COO to review and monitor the process and recommend solutions.
- Develop Policies and Procedures for contract reporting with the Controller and Director of Compliance and Quality.
- Recommend and prepare any/all amendments needed to fully bill out contracts on a timely basis.
- Manage the yearly contracting process of the agency.
- Responsible for year-end UFR contract reporting and year-end Audit work related to contracts.
- Attend on an as needed basis, DMR, DMR, DPH and all other funder meeting with managers to oversee contract issues.
What you’ll need:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree with a major in Business Administration or closely related field required.
- Experience: A minimum of three years state contracting experience with proficiency in accounting and Excel/and or experience to equal.
- Vaccination: At least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire and complete the full vaccination schedule in the appropriate timeline as documented by the CDC requirements for vaccination.
- Skills: Ability to analyze financial data and recognize possible discrepancies through commonly used accounting, and audit tests.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities