Share this job:
Care Coordinator – Outpatient Substance Abuse Program
This position coordinates the case navigation, participation and transition within a behavioral health/addictions treatment services structured intensive outpatient substance use program. The Care Coordinator educates and supports individuals diagnosed with substance use disorder and co-occurring disorders in their transition to living sustained recovery through the use of behavior modification and concrete support with accessing community resources. The Care Coordinator is a community liaison with family, care providers, natural supports and recovery coaches.
What You’ll Do:
- Coordinate referrals; communicate fully and effectively with referral sources.
- Coordinate communication and timely information about participants’ program adherence to referral sources and collateral entities such as the courts, Department of Children and Families, etc.
- Coordinate with collateral providers and community partners such as health care providers, outpatient behavioral health providers, recovery coaches, etc.
- Track and monitor urine toxicology screens for all clients, alerting clinicians as appropriate to results, and maintaining any related databases.
- Facilitate treatment groups with program participants under the supervision of the program manager.
- Perform outreach and engagement activities with program participants, as needed.
- Under the supervision of the manager, identify risk and behavioral crisis needs and bring to the attention of clinical staff as appropriate.
- Meet individually with program participants as indicated to review treatment plans, address administrative or collateral communication needs, etc.
- Maintain and update databases and spreadsheets to assist with tracking clinical information
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling Psychology, Psychology, Expressive Therapies, or related field of study.
- A minimum of 2 years post-degree experience within a multidisciplinary treatment setting.
- Group facilitation skills
- Experience with individuals with substance use disorders required; length of experience contingent upon educational credentials.