Share this job:
As a Certified Nursing Assistant for North Suffolk Mental Health Association, you’ll participate in the engagement, assessment and treatment planning process and as part of the program. Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Overnight C.N.A is responsible for the safety and well-being of persons in GLE settings during overnight shifts. This position provides direct services to people in GLE settings based on need level and adheres to all agency policies and procedures and licensing/funding source requirements.
Schedule: Boston Tuesday-Wednesday 11p-7a, Chelsea Sunday-Thursday 11p-7a
Expectations of the Role:
- Be awake, and available to persons during overnight shift until persons have left residential program, or until the morning staff person arrives.
- Check in with staff, persons who are awake and complete a walk-through of the program every hour. Read the Staff Communication Log and review risk plans.
- Document each person’s progress in the confidential record according to established methods and procedures and carries out the assigned interventions and action steps of the treatment plan.
- Perform household maintenance and upkeep as needed.
- Participate in all required clinical and skill trainings to enhance skills and knowledge base.
- Assist in showering if needed, laundry throughout the night, and cleanliness of the entire program.
- Participate in medication administration per MAP and DMH policies and protocol
- All other duties as assigned by the Program Director and/or Registered Nurse.
What you’ll need:
Education: High school diploma/GED required. C.N.A certificate required.
Experience: Minimum of six months experience working with similar population in a human services environment.
Skills: Must be MAP certified, CPR/First Aid certification during orientation. (Training provided)
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
• Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
• Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
• Employer Paid Life Insurance
• 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
• Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
• Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Access to Credit Union Banking
• Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
• Employee Referral Bonus Program
• Discounted Movie Tickets
• Comprehensive Training Program
• Internal Advancement Opportunities