Share this job:
Clinician – After School Program
North Suffolk is looking for a Clinician to join the After School Program! CASP is a voluntary, community based, therapeutic program for children ages 6 to 13 with emotional, behavioral, and mental health needs. The program is structured and utilizes a positive reinforcement reward system. At CASP, children participate in therapeutic groups which focus on developing social skills and adaptive coping skills. A primary goal of the program is to support and maintain children with their families in their home communities. To do this, each child is assisted with case management services and coordination of care between the program, family, and other providers. While at CASP, each child works directly with a Clinical Therapist, a Youth Care Specialist and a Youth Care Mentor. Additionally, transportation is provided year round.
What you’ll do:
- Perform biopsychosocial, multiaxial assessment and diagnosis
- Formulate and implement individualized consumer-centered treatment plans as part of the treatment team; monitor progress, reevaluate and revise on a monthly basis.
- Plan and facilitate therapeutic groups (e.g. social skills, coping skills, etc.).
- Provide behavioral crisis intervention &/or triage with program consumers during a crisis using appropriate techniques.
- Perform face-to-face outreach visits (in coordination with a teammate) &/or telephonic outreach.
- Participate in activities of service coordination, consultation, education and evaluation to successfully manage assigned consumer caseload within the team context.
- Provide liaison between team and collateral providers.
- Facilitate family consultations &/or multi-family group(s) as per program need.
- Complete all clinical documentation and prior approval forms required.
- Oversee administration and documentation of clients’ prescription medications, assuring adherence to medical policies and procedures.
- Drive pupil van and accompany other staff during ride.
- Act as a resource to staff with regards to social work/family systems issues through provision of inservice training(s) &/or prn consultation.
- Maintain and encourage team’s adherence to professional clinical behavioral health standards.
What you’ll need:
- Education: Masters in Counseling, Social Work or related field required. LCSW or LICSW highly preferred.
- Experience: 1 year experience working with school age children. Milieu, group, and expressive or recreational therapy experience is preferred. Working knowledge of community resources is preferred.
- Skills: A valid Massachusetts driver’s license is required and minimum three (3) years driving history required. Valid 7D license or ability to become licensed required. Bilingual (Spanish & English) is highly preferred. Must be CPR and First Aid certified or able to become certified within 3 months of hire.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities