Share this job:
Child and Family Clinician
Are you looking for a job where you can make a true difference in the lives of children and their families while growing your own skills and career? Join the NSMHA team as a clinician and grow your career and skills. The Child and Family In-Home Therapy Clinician provides intensive family therapy by working with a child and family to treat the child’s challenging behaviors, mental health needs, and to help the family with supporting and caring for the child. Interventions are designed to enhance and improve the family’s capacity to improve the youth’s functioning in the home and community and may prevent the need for the youth’s admission to an inpatient hospital, psychiatric residential treatment facility or other treatment setting.
- Identify and utilize community resources; develop and maintain natural supports for the youth and parent/caregiver(s).
- Reviews and develops risk management plans, and implements focused interventions and behavioral techniques.
- Completes a written comprehensive home-based, psychosocial behavioral health assessment in the youth’s home or community.
- Monitoring progress and attainment of treatment plan goals and objectives.
- Work with the entire family, to implement focused interventions and behavioral techniques to: enhance problem-solving, limit-setting, risk management/safety planning, communication, build skills to strengthen the family, advance therapeutic goals, or improve ineffective patterns of interaction.
Experience: Experience in providing home and community based intervention services preferred.
Education: Master’s degree in a relevant field required (Family Therapy, psychology, social work or similar mental health field preferred). LCSW, LICSW, LMHC preferred.
Skills: Must have or be able to acquire Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) certification. Must have Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Pet Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical/Dependent Care/Commuter Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities/Opportunities to earn CEUs