Share this job:
Case Manager – Substance Abuse/Addictions Residential Program
Ready for a career with a cause? Eager to do something and make a true difference with your work?
Provide case management services in a structured residential substance abuse setting, through way of educating and supporting life skills to be able to transition and to sustain recovery in society. Located in East Boston, the Meridian House is a 30 bed, coed therapeutic community serving an adult population 18 and over. Meridian House is considered to be a High Intensity Residential Service. The program provides behavior modification treatment for individuals diagnosed with substance use disorder and co-occurring disorders. We provide medication assisted treatment for those individuals who meet the criteria and residents are treated for mental health disorders. This is a 24 hour a day program with 24 hour per day staffing.
What you’ll do:
- Supervise and/or participate with residents, based on their needs in self-help skills, activities of daily living, socialization, leisure time and community integration.
- Assist the individual’s team to develop an IAP (Individualized Action Plan).
- Implement, teach, and assist individuals with IAP goals and objectives on a consistent basis.
- Ensure proper administration and documentation of all medication.
- Interface and liaison with external providers and resources, i.e. Courts, DCF, Recovery Coaches, outpatient therapist and prescribers etc.
- Assist and approve weekly activity logs for each resident assigned.
- Assist residents with benefits.
- Assist and Support assigned residents on budgeting.
- Participate in upkeep and maintenance of program.
- Transport individuals in agency vehicle as needed.
What you’ll need:
- Education: High School Diploma or GED required
- Experience: Bachelor’s in related field preferred. One (1) to Two (2) years human services experience with similar population preferred. Experience with total communication systems preferred.
- Skills and Abilities: Valid Mass Driver’s License required. CPR/first aide certified or ability to become certified within five (5) continuous months of employment/date of hire.
• Employer Paid Life Insurance
• 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
• Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
• Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Access to Credit Union Banking
• Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
• All Team Members have access to the following benefits:
• Employee Referral Bonus Program
• Discounted Movie Tickets
• Comprehensive Training Program
• Internal Advancement Opportunities