Share this job:
Bilingual Child & Family Care Coordinator
NSMHA is looking for a Spanish Bilingual Care Coordinator to join our team! Be proud of what you do! Develop your clinical skills in a supportive team environment, and gain experience that you will use for the rest of your career.
Our goal is to ensure that children with behavioral/emotional needs, and their families, become independent within their own communities. The Intensive Care Coordinator (ICC) position is not only about coordination, it is also assessing and identifying the underlying needs of the youth through regular contact with the family in order to make a direct positive impact in their lives using the Wraparound Service Model. We support families to recognize small areas of progress that builds into major changes. For each family that you work with, you will not only be the key contact for the youth’s providers, you will also be creating an individualized roadmap that guides uniform treatment amongst the team. As the contact, you will collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams such as PCP, school, DCF, Outpatient therapists and other mental health and/or medical providers.
This ICC position is a unique opportunity to network, develop community connections, and get exposure to diverse mental health, medical, and educational systems. If your passion lies in making small changes that will create a big impact, we want to talk to you!
What You’ll Do:
- Gather information for the completion of strengths based comprehensive home-based assessments.
- Support with the identification and development of natural supports within the family’s network
- Facilitate regular Care Planning Team meetings
- Develop a youth and family centered Individual Care Plan (ICP) that supports the achievement of goals identified with the family’s voice and choice in conjunction with the care providers, natural supports and other identified team members.
- Maintain regular contact with the youth, family and other providers in the youth’s life by phone, community meetings or home visits to ensure implementation of the ICP.
- Provide education, advocacy and support to youth and families navigating through any of the child/family-serving systems
- Identify and connect youth and families to additional supports and services in the community through referral and coordination of care
- Develop a risk management/safety plan and provide as needed crisis support, as well as coordination with the Mobile Crisis Intervention team.
What You Need:
- Education: Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in relevant mental health field required (including but not restricted to, counseling, family therapy, social work, psychology, etc.)
- Skills: Must have or be able to acquire Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) certification within first month of employment. Must have Driver’s License and reliable automobile. Ideal candidate must thrive in fast paced work environments; have strong attention to detail, and demonstrate strong organization and multitasking skills.
- Experience: Familiarity with child & youth serving programs preferred.
- Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply! We offer a 12% language differential pay! Please note language skills on your resume.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Continual Professional Development encouraged!
- LICSW and/or LMHC supervisory hours available
- Education Reimbursement/Access to CEUs
- Weekly individual and group supervision and monthly full staff trainings provided
- Paid Time Off
- Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service)
- 12 Sick Days per year
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- We offer a 12% language differential pay! Please note language skills on your resume.
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pet Insurance
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Internal Advancement Opportunities
- Access to Credit Union Banking