Share this job:
Behavior Therapist Outreach Worker
The Behavior Therapist Outreach Worker is a member of the In Home Support Team. This position provides direct services to people in the community with a variety of diagnoses, including Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). This position will provide support in the areas of housing, risk mitigation, transportation, skill-building, employment, money management, community access, medication administration, scheduling, behavior management, Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) and other areas based on the Individual Support Plan. The Behavior Therapist works with the support of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) and has experience implementing the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
Schedule: Monday-Friday 10am-6pm
Expectations of the role:
- Collaborate with individuals to develop goals and action steps to develop effective Individual Service Plans
- Collaborate and support individuals with daily living activities such as money management, housing, doctor’s appointments, medication management and others
- Support each individuals existing relationships and assist in increasing their network of friends and social experiences
- Provide practical help and supports, advocacy, and care coordination
- Insure that all people are treated with dignity and respect and that all services provided are recovery oriented and person centered
What you’ll need:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree highly preferred. High School diploma or GED required.
- Experience: Experience with population that has severe and persistent disabilities. Must have experience working with people who have Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities/Autism Spectrum Disorder. Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) experience highly preferred.
- Skills: Must have valid Massachusetts Driver’s license. Must become MAP certified, CPR/First Aid certified within five months of hire (training provided).
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities
A career with a cause
Since 1959, North Suffolk Mental Health Association, Inc. has provided community-based mental health services to individuals and families in East Boston, Boston, Chelsea, Revere and Winthrop. To better serve our community, NSMHA has developed a comprehensive and integrated community-based system of engagement, treatment, rehabilitation and support programs to promote the recovery of adults living with serious mental illness, addictions and co-occurring disorders.