Share this job:
Awake Overnight Direct Care
We are currently offering a $500 sign on bonus for full time direct care positions.
As an Awake Overnight Direct Support Specialist for North Suffolk Mental Health Association, you’ll be responsible for the safety and well-being of consumers in a residential setting during overnight shifts. Provide assistance to individuals based on need level of individuals, and adheres to all agency policies and procedures and licensing/funding source requirements.
Salary range: $16.25-$17.50
Expectations of the Role:
- Be awake and available to persons during overnight shift until persons have left residential program, or until the morning staff person arrives.
- Perform security checks on an hourly basis to ensure safety of individuals and facility.
- Document each person’s progress in the confidential record.
- Perform tasks on the cleaning checklist and all duties based on individual’s needs and schedule.
- Write daily notes at end of shift if needed, noting any incidents and maintain regular communication with other team members.
- Complete medication counts.
- All other duties assigned by manager
What you’ll need:
Education: High School degree or GED required; Bachelor’s degree in a similar field, preferred.
Experience: Zero to six months experience in human services/ ABI preferred.
Skills: Valid driver’s license preferred. Must be MAP certified, CPR/first aide certified within five (5) continuous months of employment/date of hire (training provided).
Vaccination: At least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire and complete the full vaccination schedule in the appropriate timeline as documented by the CDC requirements for vaccination.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (3weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick
- Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities