Share this job:
Awake Overnight Counselor for Substance Abuse Program
NSMHA is seeking an Awake Overnight Counselor for Meridian House. This residential program is a 30 bed, co-ed therapeutic community serving an adult population 18 and over. The program provides behavior modification treatment for individuals diagnosed with substance use disorder and co-occurring disorders. We provide medication assisted treatment for those individuals who meet the criteria and residents are treated for mental health disorders within NSMHA. This is a 24 hour a day program with 24 hour per day staffing; this position is responsible for the safety and well being of consumers during overnight shifts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be awake and available to consumers during overnight shift until residents have left program, or until the morning staff person arrives.
- Perform household maintenance and upkeep activities.
- Perform security checks and document, on an hourly basis to ensure safety of residents and facility.
- Write log notes at end of shift, noting any incidents, and maintain regular communication with other team members.
- Perform weekly medication counts, medication audits and communicate with day staff the need to order refills.
- Complete basic administrative tasks such as filing, data entry, and word processing.
- Monitor residents urine screening and supervise donations.
- Perform all duties based on resident’s needs and schedule.
- Monitor and ensure health and safety of residents.
- Respond appropriately to residents and act as a role model.
- Contribute to the efforts of the program in maintaining a high quality living environment, and to the overall quality of life for consumers.
- Conduct and document routine fire drills and other fire prevention activities.
- Answer telephone.
- High school degree or GED required; Bachelor’s in related field preferred.
- One (1) year human services experience with similar population required.
- Must have the ability to become medication, SFA and CPR certified after training provided.
- Driver’s license necessary.