Share this job:
Residential Awake/Asleep Overnight Counselor
As the Awake/Asleep Overnight Counselor for North Suffolk Mental Health Association, you’ll be responsible for the safety and well-being of consumers in a residential setting (MH or DS) during overnight shifts. Assist clients based on need level, while following all agency policies, procedures, and licensing/funding source requirements.
Full and part-time positions available in Chelsea, Revere, Winthrop, West Roxbury, Hyde Park and Saugus. Please indicate preferred shift and City in application.
Expectations of the Role:
- Be awake/asleep (dependent on need), and available to individuals during overnight shift until individuals have left program, or until the morning staff person arrives.
- During awake hours, check in with staff, individuals who are awake and complete a walk-through of the program.
- Read the staff communication log and review behavior plans.
- Perform household maintenance and upkeep activities as needed.
- Write log notes at end of shift, noting any incidents and maintain regular communication
with other team members.
- Performs all duties based on individual’s needs and schedule.
- Monitor and insure health and safety of individuals.
- Contribute to the efforts of the program in maintaining a high quality living environment, and to the overall quality of life for individuals.
- Perform tasks on the cleaning checklist.
- During the week, wake individuals up for day program, assist with showering and dressing for the day. Make sure clothing is clean and appropriate for the weather.
- All other duties assigned by manager.
What You’ll Need:
Education: High School Diploma/GED equivalent required
Experience: Zero to six months’ experience with population that has severe and persistent mental illness and/or substance use disorder.
Skills: Must have valid driver’s license. Must be MAP certified within five months of hire and complete CPR/First Aide within orientation period (all training/certification provided).
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick
- Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities
A career with a cause
Since 1959, North Suffolk Mental Health Association, Inc. has provided community-based mental health services to individuals and families in East Boston, Boston, Chelsea, Revere and Winthrop. To better serve our community, NSMHA has developed a comprehensive and integrated community-based system of engagement, treatment, rehabilitation and support programs to promote the recovery of adults living with serious mental illness, addictions and co-occurring disorders. Adult Community Clinical Services (ACCS) is a comprehensive clinically focused service anchored by a multi-disciplinary team that provides services through an integrated team led by clinical staff. ACCS will provide clinical interventions and peer and family support to facilitate engagement, support functioning and maximize symptom stabilization and self-management of individuals diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness.