Share this job:
Residential Assistant Program Manager
As an Assistant Residential Program Manager, you will be responsible responsible for working directly with individuals and staff to ensure that the needs of the Individuals living in the assigned group home(s) are met in all areas of service. Responsible for the supervision of house basic systems including but not limited to ISP and clinical plan implementation, community integration, medication administration, laundry, shopping, menu/meal planning and the maintenance and safety of the group home site(s). This position acts as a liaison between Program Director and staff and interfaces with staff, peers, senior management, families, neighbors, medical practitioners, and DDS service coordinators. Initiates and facilitates program level problem solving. Negotiate role in completion of the following functions in conjunction with or, in the absence of, the Program Director.
Position available in Chelsea, Burlington and Winthrop, MA. Please indicate preference in application.
Expectations of the Role:
• Effectively recruit, hire, train, assign, direct, counsel, discipline and evaluate performance of the Group Home DSP Staff
• Works in cooperation with staff assigned to Individuals to ensure client’s successful participation in appropriate recreational and community activities.
• Maintains positive and regular communication with Individual’s family members who have self-identified as interested in maintaining an active role in their disabled Individual’s life.
• Ensures the medical services and records meet the needs of the Individuals and conform to regulations.
• Provides crisis intervention and emergency coverage for assigned site(s). Secures additional resources as needed, identifies and resolves problems that resulted in an emergency situation.
• Performs direct support related tasks in emergencies or as requested by supervisor.
• Provides transportation for Individuals as needed.
• Responsible for weekly medication audits for assigned group homes, ensuring medication supplies are ordered as needed.
• Supervises the implementation of program goals and monitors the progress of same for assigned site(s).
• Position requires on-call coverage and some evening and weekend work as needed.
• Position requires some local travel to attend to staff meetings and trainings, client functions/appointments and medical treatments.
• Other duties assigned.
What you’ll need:
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
Experience: Thee (3) years of related direct support experience required. Supervisory experience preferred.
Skills: Must obtain Massachusetts MAP & CPR/First Aide certifications within five (5) continuous months of hire (training provided). Valid Mass driver’s license required.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
• Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service),
• 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
• Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
• Employer Paid Life Insurance
• 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
• Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
• Medical/Dependent Care/Commuter Flexible Spending Accounts
• Access to Credit Union Banking
• Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
• Employee Referral Bonus Program
• Discounted Movie Tickets
• Comprehensive Training Program
• Internal Advancement Opportunities