Share this job:
North Suffolk is looking for a Billing Assistant to join our team! This part-time position is responsible for assisting in the preparation and submission of contract billing and monthly closing per scheduled deadlines under the direction of the Contracts Manager. This is a 20 hours per week position.
What you’ll do:
- Record and enter billing and payment data.
- Work with the Contracts Manager to meet all billing deadlines.
- Assign client numbers for Meridian House and NIMSA.
- Record and enter into the Virtual Gateway System client data necessary for NIMSA clients .
- Assist in the annual agency audit as necessary.
- Assist in other accounting activities as directed.
What you’ll need:
- Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Experience/Skills: Two (2) years experience in a business / office setting required. Knowledge of Excel required. Must be proficient with numbers / calculations.
- Full COVID Vaccination required within 2 months of employment (on-site vaccination currently available by appointment)
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities