Share this job:
Deaf Outreach Specialist – ASL
We are currently offering a $3,000 sign on bonus for this position.
As a Community Support Specialist you will participate in the engagement, assessment, and treatment planning process as well as work with a dedicated team of staff to provide interventions to address needs and goals of the persons served. This position provides direct services to people in community and group living environment settings in the areas of housing, risk mitigation, transportation, skill-building, money management, medication administration and other areas based on the person centered treatment plan.
Services are provided based on Recovery tenets and are aimed to promote overall health and well-being of persons served.
Expectations of the Role:
- Engage people and partner with them to improve their health and wellness, achieve symptom stabilization and self-management, develop and/or restore skills impacted by mental illness and live a self-directed life.
- Gather information about community agencies to assist in the provision of services.
- Provide side-by-side support and coaching to help people socialize.
- Organize and lead individual and group social and recreational activities.
- Carries out the assigned interventions and action steps of the treatment plan, through the provision of direct support and rehabilitation services to people on an individual, group, and family basis (in conjunction with professional staff) in the office and in community settings.
- Experience in coordinating collaborative care within teams
- Collaborate with Housing Coordinators to help each person in finding a safe and affordable place to live – apartment hunting, finding a roommate, landlord negotiations, cleaning, furnishing and decorating
- Ensure that people have adequate financial support
- Participate in medication administration per MAP and DMH policies and protocol.
- Help each person to access reliable transportation
What you’ll need:
Education: High School Diploma/GED equivalent required. Bachelors Degree highly preferred
Experience: In lieu of college degree, at least one year experience with population that has severe and persistent mental illness and/or substance use disorder.
Skills: Must be MAP and CPR/First Aid certified within five months of hire (training provided) Massachusetts Drivers License required. American Sign Language fluent required.
Vaccination: At least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire and complete the full vaccination schedule in the appropriate timeline as documented by the CDC requirements for vaccination.
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- All Team Members have access to the following benefits:
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities