Share this job:
After School Youth Care Specialist
NSMHA is looking for Youth Care Specialists to join our After School Program! Are you passionate about youth and community development? Want to find the next step in your career where you can grow and still make a impact with your job? The Children’s After School Program is a therapeutic program for children ages 6 to 12. The program provides milieu treatment including behavior management/modification and facilitation of therapeutic groups and activities.
This is a part time position: 20 hours, Mon-Fri 2-6pm Multiple positions available.
What You’ll Do:
- Supervise children during program activities.
- Implement behavior management/modification in the milieu.
- Plan and facilitate therapeutic and recreational activities.
- Intervene during a crisis using appropriate techniques including NAPPI restraint.
- Drive pupil van and accompany other staff during ride.
- Complete daily documentation of children’s progress in the milieu.
- Perform duties as a Youth Care Specialist including maintaining contact with collaterals and parents; planning and implementing daily activities, assisting in coordinating of snack, participate in multidisciplinary meetings, and conduct outreach to children and their families in their homes and communities as necessary.
- Ensure all services are provided in a professional manner, ensuring privacy, safety, and respecting the youth and family’s dignity and right to choice.
- Oversee administration and documentation of clients’ prescription medications, assuring adherence to medical policies and procedures.
- Coordinate transportation services for clients, and vehicle maintenance, repairs, registrations and inspections.
What You’ll Need:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Experience: Applicants must have at least one year of experience working with school age children. Milieu or recreational experience is preferred. Working knowledge of community resources is preferred.
- Skills: A valid Massachusetts driver’s license and a minimum of three years driving history required. Ability to get 7D drivers license required. Bilingual (Spanish & English) is encouraged to apply. If you know Spanish, please note on your resume!
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities