Share this job:
After School Program Clinician
Are you passionate about youth and community development? NSMHA is looking for a Clinician for our After School Program! The Children’s After School Program is a therapeutic program for children ages 6 to 12. As a clinician in the After School Program, you work as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide milieu treatment including behavior management/modification and facilitation of therapeutic groups and activities.
What you’ll do:
- Perform biopsychosocial, multiaxial assessment and diagnosis of potential consumers; present findings of same to team.
- Formulate and implement individualized consumer-centered treatment plans as part of the treatment team; monitor progress, reevaluate and revise on a monthly basis.
- Plan and facilitate therapeutic groups
- Provide behavioral crisis intervention &/or triage with program consumers during a crisis using appropriate techniques including NAPPI restraint.
- Perform face-to-face outreach visits (in coordination with a teammate) &/or telephonic outreach
- Participate in activities of service coordination, consultation, education and evaluation to successfully manage assigned consumer caseload within the team context.
- Provide liaison between team and collateral providers.
- Facilitate family consultations &/or multi-family group(s) as per program need.
- Complete all clinical documentation and prior approval forms required.
- Oversees administration and documentation of clients’ prescription medications, assuring adherence to medical policies and procedures.
- Drive pupil van and accompany other staff during ride.
- Act as a resource to staff with regards to social work/family systems issues through provision of inservice training(s) &/or prn consultation.
What you’ll need:
- Education: Master’s degree in related field (social work/counseling) required
- Experience: Applicants must have at least one year of experience working with school age children. Milieu or recreational experience is preferred. Working knowledge of community resources is preferred.
- Skills: Valid Massachusetts drivers license required. Valid 7D license or ability to become licensed required. CPR/First Aid certification or ability to become certified within three (3) months of hire required. Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Schedule: Monday – Friday, 10am-6pm 40 hours per week
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- All Team Members have access to the following benefits:
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities