Share this job:
NSMHA is seeking an excellent BC/BE outpatient adult psychiatrist for a vibrant community mental health center. This position can be either full-time or part-time and offers a flexible schedule, no after-hours call, and a well-balanced work-load including direct patient care and case consultation. The psychiatrist may elect to work in one or more of our psychiatric services located in downtown Boston, East Boston and Chelsea where several SAMHSA funded grants are being implemented. In this capacity the psychiatrist is an active member of and leads a multidisciplinary collaborative team providing psychiatric and medical expertise and support. Responsibilities include initial outpatient psychiatric evaluation, ongoing psychiatric management and treatment planning, and integrated psychiatric treatment and medication management services. Teaching of Harvard Medical School psychiatry residents and psychiatric nurse practitioner students, as well as protected time for clinical supervision of licensed psychiatric nurse practitioners are available for those interested. New graduates, J1, and H1-B visa applicants are welcome to apply.
Our comprehensive benefits package also includes the following:
- Competitive salary and generous benefits package
- Sign-on bonus for Spanish speaking applicants
- Sixty (60) hours of paid educational leave
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Plan eligible employer
- J1-visa waiver program sponsorship
- 403(b) retirement contribution plan with generous employer matching
- Fully integrated EHR, electronic prescribing and laboratory results
- In clinic pharmacy for patients and staff
- Excellent practice supports (appointment booking/reception, billing and authorization support, nursing and clinical support, etc.)
- Hybrid model Telehealth and Office based care delivery modality and ability to work remotely.
- Fellowship and/or experience with evaluation and treatment of substance use disorders is a plus.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae along to the recruitment committee chair: Manjola Van Alphen MD, PhD, MBA, Chief Medical Officer and Medical Director of Ambulatory Services.
c/o: NSMHA Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.