Share this job:
Nurse Manager – Addiction & Diversionary Services
North Suffolk is looking for a Nurse Manager to join our team! The Nurse Manager provides skilled nursing, care management and coordination for clients receiving services in the Addiction and Diversionary programs of NSMHA, including RRS, COE, IOP, Day Treatment and Outpatient. You’ll work in close collaboration with prescribing physicians, psychiatric nurse practitioners, behavioral health providers, recovery coaches, other care team members, and our referral partners in the community as well as make plans for the ongoing long term care of clients in recovery from substance abuse.
What you’ll do:
- Provide skilled nursing, care management, medication management, group facilitation, and care coordination to clients in addiction and diversionary programs.
- Conduct initial assessment and intake for clients seeking treatment for addiction, as well as ongoing education and support in all phases of treatment.
- Provide linkage and referral to in-house and community-based behavioral health, case management and addiction recovery services as needed.
- Collaborate in a multidisciplinary team to review evaluations, diagnosis, and treatment plans for clients as well as provide consultation to programs as needed.
- Provide support to the medical team including health promotion, disease screening, data collection and wellness interventions in the programs.
- Perform on-call duties as assigned during business hours.
- Assist as needed in program development and staff training.
- May participate as a member of the Addiction Division Medical Assistance Treatment (MAT) team. Responsibilities include providing injectable medications as prescribed, ordering and reviewing labs in collaboration with prescribers.
What you’ll need:
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Nursing or related field required.
- License: Current Massachusetts Nursing License required.
- Experience/Skills: Two (2) years nursing experience required. Prior case management, mental health and addiction experience strongly preferred. Demonstrated ability to work with patients in recovery and relapse. Bilingual Spanish preferred — please indicate language ability on resume!
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities