Share this job:
Accounts Payable Specialist
North Suffolk is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our team! The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for the accurate processing of accounts payable and is an integral part of our finance team.
What you’ll do:
- Determine the appropriate P & L and balance sheet accounts allocations for all accounts payable and consultant transactions.
- Verify accuracy of all purchases with appropriate personnel.
- Obtain appropriate authorization for all invoices, verify accuracy of amounts, and process invoice payments.
- Generate A/P and check reports on a weekly basis.
- Resolve vendor problems and questions in a timely manner.
- Verification of debit memos, void checks, and manual checks.
- Data entry of debit memos, void checks, and manual checks.
- Verification of A/P data entry and success of data processing programs (reviews accounts payable interface to the G/L).
- Control of filing and archival storage systems of A/P records.
- Write and review all journal entries pertaining to A/P.
- Reconcile aged trial balance of A/P to G/L on a monthly basis.
- Special projects as required by Controller or C.F.O..
- Prepare an accrual for goods received that have not been invoiced for the current month and reverse this entry in the following month.
- Review purchase order files and follow up with invoices not received.
- Manage and process 1099’s at end of year.
- Maintain and implement changes to A/P processes and procedures and the update of the procedure manual for those changes.
- Be responsible for the collection and matching of receipts for check requests issued to staff and food purchases and issuing a mandatory monthly report of missing receipts to all senior managers.
- Prepare and issue monthly report of utilities to CEO, CFO, COO, Controller, Facilities Director, CBFS Director, DDS Director and CS-ESP Director.
What you’ll need:
- Education: Associate’s Degree in accounting or related field.
- Experience: Two years experience with all aspects of accounts payable in a computerized general ledger system.
- Skills: Computer literacy required. Experience with Excel and Microsoft Office products required Knowledge of non-profit generally accepted principals. Knowledge of computerized A/P and G/L systems.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities