Share this job:
Access Coordinator/Office Manager
North Suffolk Mental Health Association is looking for a part time Access Coordinator/Office Manager to join the Boston Emergency Services Team! This position is responsible for the overall clinical and administrative support of clinicians and management staff, and for assisting with placement and referral of clients involved with the Emergency Service Program and Urgent psychopharmacology Clinic.
Schedule: 20 hours per week — Sunday 8am-4pm, Monday 8am-4pm, Tuesday 8am-12pm
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for collaboration with BEST Call Center and verification of all client details, including insurance information. Responsible for delegating cases to program clinicians/interns when instructed by a program supervisor.
- Responsible for obtaining relevant hospital medical records for patients evaluated by BEST, for purposes of placement in higher levels of care.
- Assist with the day to day functions of the Urgent Care Center, by performing duties including but not limited to:
- Confirming insurance benefits for mental health services
- Handling calls from referral sources, outside providers, clients, and family members of clients in a timely, professional, and efficient way
- Completing necessary forms
- Identifying boarded patients at hospitals to which the emergency service program is contracted to provide services
- Conduct brief intake with walk-in clients to the Urgent Care Center, in preparation of their evaluation
- Responsible for providing support to all program staff working outside of the office on mobile cases, in the form of conducting placement searches/completing timely and clinically accurate referrals, and contacting third party payers for authorization updates; contacting collaterals for additional information pertinent to an evaluation.
- Ensure that boarded patients have access to 24 hour levels of care within a reasonable time frame by conducting periodic bed searches throughout the day, and maintaining contact with relevant psychiatric and social work staff at hospitals served by BEST regarding patient statuses.
- Case management for clients who are receiving urgent psychopharmacology services. Work closely with Urgent Psychopharm clinic prescriber, Assistant Program Director, pharmacies, outpatient providers, patients and family members for smooth operation of clinic services. Ensure that clients are referred out for the earliest available intake at an outpatient clinic.
- Accompany clinicians and/or family partners on community visits when it is deemed necessary to have multiple staff.
- Provide interpreting/translating for non-English speaking clients as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate, detailed and timely records in BEST electronic record system.
- Assist supervisors in informing third party payers of difficult-to-place patients and contributing factors, and results of placement efforts.
- Assist in maintaining up to date resources for mobile clinicians, ie: accurate contact information for bed searches, contacts at hospitals, etc.
- Assist in the ongoing training of clinicians regarding documentation necessary to secure placement in 24 hour level of care settings.
- Close collaboration and communication with all program staff to maintain smooth operation of program.
- Provides positive customer service with all hospitals during placement of client.
- Collects and tracks data about volume of referrals, placement and other tracking information needed and required by Director of Emergency Services.Assist Director and Manager in marketing programs as needed, and acts as liaison to Hospitals serviced and hospital used for placements
What you’ll need:
- Education: BA/BS in Human Services, BSW or related field preferred.
- Experience: Two (2) years relevant experience in human services working with mental health clients.
- Skills: Bilingual Spanish preferred. Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques. Familiarity with mental health and substance abuse symptomatology and diagnoses. Familiarity with common medical conditions for population served.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities