We are currently offering a $500 sign on bonus for full time direct care positions.
As an Overnight Support Specialist for North Suffolk Mental Health Association, you’ll be responsible for the safety and well-being of consumers in a residential setting during overnight shifts. Assist clients based on need level, while following all agency policies, procedures, and licensing/funding source requirements. The Overnight Support Specialist is awake and available to consumers during the entire overnight shift.
Schedule: 11pm – 7am. Full and part-time positions available. Please indicate preferred shift/day availability in application.
Salary Range: $16.25-$16.50
Expectations of the Role:
- Be awake, and available to persons during overnight shift until persons have left residential program, or until the morning staff person arrives.
- Conduct security checks on an hourly basis, documenting that consumers are in the facility.
- Perform household maintenance and upkeep as needed.
- Document each person’s progress in the confidential record.
- Write daily notes at end of shift if needed, noting any incidents and maintain regular communication with other team members.
- Help with medication administration.
What you’ll need:
Education: High School degree or GED required; Bachelor’s degree in a similar field, preferred.
Experience: In lieu of college degree, at least six months experience with population that has severe and persistent mental illness and/or substance use disorder.
Skills: You must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Valid driver’s license preferred. Be or become MAP certified, CPR/First Aid certified within five months of hire (training provided).
Vaccination: At least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire and complete the full vaccination schedule in the appropriate timeline as documented by the CDC requirements for vaccination.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick
- Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities
A career with a cause
Since 1959, North Suffolk Mental Health Association, Inc. has provided community-based mental health services to individuals and families in East Boston, Boston, Chelsea, Revere and Winthrop. To better serve our community, NSMHA has developed a comprehensive and integrated community-based system of engagement, treatment, rehabilitation and support programs to promote the recovery of adults living with serious mental illness, addictions and co-occurring disorders. Adult Community Clinical Services (ACCS) is a comprehensive clinically focused service anchored by a multi-disciplinary team that provides services through an integrated team led by clinical staff. ACCS will provide clinical interventions and peer and family support to facilitate engagement, support functioning and maximize symptom stabilization and self-management of individuals diagnosed with severe and persistent mental ill