We are offering a $3,000 sign on bonus for this position.
Put your passion to work — NSMHA is looking for Therapeutic Mentors to help local youth and their families! Are you looking for a job opportunity where you can make a difference and help people while also growing your own career and skills? The Therapeutic Mentor provides structured, one-to-one, strength-based support services to a youth for the purpose of addressing daily living, social, and communication needs in community and home-based settings. Therapeutic Mentoring interventions are designed to address one or more goals on a youth’s existing outpatient or in-home treatment plan or on an existing Individual Care Plan (ICP).
What you’ll do:
- Support, coach and train youth in order to support linkages to community resources and services that will sustain the youth’s optimal functioning in the community.
- Work closely with the family, and any behavioral health existing/referring provider(s) to implement the goals and objectives identified by the referring provider, when the youth is not enrolled in Intensive Care Coordination (ICC).
- Participate as a member of the Care Planning Team (CPT) and clearly outlines the goals of the Therapeutic Mentoring Service in the Individual Care Plan (ICP), when the youth is enrolled in Intensive Care Coordination (ICC).
- Assist youth in communicating their needs to the treatment team when age-appropriate.
- Contributes the voice of the youth in the absence of the youth.
- Work in the community and in-home settings.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service field from an accredited university preferred OR
- Associate’s degree in a human services field from an accredited school plus a minimum of one year of experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth OR
- High school diploma or GED plus a minimum of two years of experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth.
- Skills: Valid Mass Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle in order to work in community and in-home settings required. You must be 21 years or older.
- Vaccination: At least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire and complete the full vaccination schedule in the appropriate timeline as documented by the CDC requirements for vaccination.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities