North Suffolk is looking for a Communication and Community Engagement Manager to join our team! The Communication and Community Engagement Manager develops and implements a comprehensive internal and external communications and community engagement plan. They create content for websites, newsletters, and print and social media. They also assist with the planning and production of marketing material, branding, and community engagement events and presentations to promote the NSMHA, mission, vision, and goals.
In collaboration with the Executive Leadership team and Senior Management the Communication and Engagement Manager will coordinate, communicate, and assist in the implementation of marketing, business development and strategic objectives and goals of the organization. In partnership with the Development and grants department assists in researching funding opportunities and writing grants and proposals.
What you’ll do:
- Design and maintain effective content for the website, digital e-newsletter, and social media accounts.
- Develop, produce and maintain effective marketing materials for all service lines and departments including factsheets, brochures, program-specific marketing materials, newsletters, annual reports, advertising content, and materials related to special projects and initiatives.
- Produce relevant photos and videos for news media or organizational use as needed.
- Serve as the lead role in the management and promotion of NSMHA’s branding to ensure a consistent brand message across the organization and in working with the relevant departments on communications and branding plan execution.
- Assist with establishing and communicating a comprehensive development plan and strategy to include annual appeal, signature event, corporate, foundation and/or government grants, writing and communicating with media to ensure publication of press releases and/or articles, and in the planning and coordinating of community-related events.
- Advise the CEO on events that the CEO should attend to advance NSMHA’s mission and build partnerships with key elected officials and community partners.
- Participate in and/or represents NSMHA in community meetings / events / activities at the request of the CEO.
- Develop an annual strategic communications plan with metrics and established goals.
- Draft, edit, and distribute content for the CEO including, talking points, speaking remarks, presentation/presenter notes, statements, letters, memos, and social media posts.
- Prepare multilingual news releases about NSMHA services, initiatives, activities, and accomplishments.
- Respond to media inquiries and assist media in promoting NSMHA policies, services, and special events; consult with appropriate staff to coordinate the dissemination of information through the media.
What you’ll need:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience: At least five years of experience in communications, journalism, marketing or related field in the public and/or non-profit sector.
- Vaccination: At least one shot of the COVID-19 vaccination is required prior to hire and complete the full vaccination schedule in the appropriate timeline as documented by the CDC requirements for vaccination.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
- Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
- Eligibility for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities