As a Certified Nursing Assistant for North Suffolk Mental Health Association, you’ll participate in the engagement, assessment and treatment planning process and as part of the program. This position provides direct services to people in ICGLE/ IMGLE settings in the areas of medical health, daily living skills, transportation, skill-building, money management, medication administration, risk mitigation and other areas based on the person centered treatment plan. Services are provided based on recovery tenets and are aimed to promote overall health and well-being of persons served.
Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday 7am-3pm
Expectations of the Role:
• Provides hands on assistance with personal care, mobility assistance and help with housekeeping in addition to medical interventions to address needs and goals of persons served.
• Assist persons with showers and laundry. Assistance with transporting from bed to wheelchair, wheel chair to shower.
• Participate in housekeeping and upkeep of the assigned persons living areas.
• Order appropriate medical supplies for the program.
• Participate in all required clinical and skill trainings to enhance skills and knowledge base.
• Assist persons with movement and exercise.
What you’ll need:
Education: High school diploma/GED required. Must have C.N.A certificate.
Experience: Minimum of six months experience working with similar population in a human services environment.
Skills: Must be MAP certified, CPR/First Aid certification during orientation.
Competitive & Comprehensive Benefits:
• Paid Time Off Two weeks’ Vacation per year (three weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
• Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
• Employer Paid Life Insurance
• 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
• Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
• Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Access to Credit Union Banking
• Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
• Employee Referral Bonus Program
• Discounted Movie Tickets
• Comprehensive Training Program
• Internal Advancement Opportunities
A career with a cause
Since 1959, North Suffolk Mental Health Association, Inc. has provided community-based mental health services to individuals and families in East Boston, Boston, Chelsea, Revere and Winthrop. To better serve our community, NSMHA has developed a comprehensive and integrated community-based system of engagement, treatment, rehabilitation and support programs to promote the recovery of adults living with serious mental illness, addictions and co-occurring disorders. Adult Community Clinical Services (ACCS) is a comprehensive clinically focused service anchored by a multi-disciplinary team that provides services through an integrated team led by clinical staff. ACCS will provide clinical interventions and peer and family support to facilitate engagement, support functioning and maximize symptom stabilization and self-management of individuals diagnosed with severe and persistent mental illness.