North Suffolk’s Harbor Area Early Intervention (EI) program services the communities of East Boston, Chelsea, Revere, Winthrop and the Boston neighborhood of Charlestown.
Harbor Area Early Childhood Services offers developmental therapies to children aged birth to three years in the context of family education, training and support. The program philosophy holds that parents are experts and primary teachers of their children.
Early Intervention services are provided to infants and toddlers presenting with developmental delay or who have risk of delay due to environmental, medical and/or biological factors.
Our diverse and dynamic multi-disciplinary staff, trained in early childhood development and family support, work in partnership with families and caregivers in their homes and other natural environments.
Our team consists of early childhood professionals with training in education, clinical social work and mental health, occupational therapy, physical therapy, music and art therapy, and speech therapy. Additional specialty services include vision and hearing therapies as well as behavioral services for children with specific diagnosed conditions.
Our Services Include:
- Child Developmental Assessment and evaluation of Family Support needs
- Home –based services ; individualized child developmental and family support services
- Center-based services in our state of the art early childhood facility include weekly community child playgroups and parent groups.
- Parent/Child playgroups, Child only playgroups, and parent groups are open to both enrolled EI families as well as community families not receiving EI services.
- Resource and referral and assistance with transition
Other specialized teams within the Early Childhood Program include:
- Infant Mental Health/Family Support services which use developmental, trauma-informed, and expressive therapies frameworks
- Neonatal EI services for children born early or who present as medically fragile
- Intensive developmental services and family support services for children presenting on the Autism Spectrum (ASD).
130 Condor Street
East Boston, MA 02128