|Job Information || |
Reports to the Director Community Based Services. This position is responsible for the overall clinical coordination and administration for the community based adolescent substance abuse services including, Teen Team Community Based outpatient treatment, all CBHI programming (IHT, CSA) and the Community Support Program (CSP). This person will as well provide training and technical assistance for the Adolescent Community Reinforcement Approach (A-CRA) and Assertive Continuing Care (ACC) services including supervision and trainings for staff, and community based providers. A portion of this position will be providing direct behavioral health services to consumers, and to supervise the delivery of the same by other clinicians as an integral part of the program’s multidisciplinary team.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Community Based Services carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with North Suffolk’s policies and applicable laws including but not limited to:
- Interview, select, and hire employees
- Direct, assign, schedule, and transfer employees
- Planning and training of employees
- Discipline and discharge employees for just cause
- Adjust employee grievances, problems, and/or complaints
- Evaluate and appraise employee performance
- Make recommendations on the retention, compensation, promotion, layoff and/or recall of employees
- Coordinate a multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Provide clinical support and guidance to the child and adolescent programs (i.e. Outpatient, IHT, ICC, Family Partners, etc.)
- Provide direct clinical supervision to staff pursuing certification in A-CRA/ACC
- Participate in A-CRA/ACC exposure trainings for other community based providers.
- Act as a resource to staff through provision of inservice training(s) and or as needed consultation on Adolescent addiction services.
- Maintain and encourage team’s adherence to professional and managed care standards.
- Insure maintenance of consumer records in accordance with applicable regulatory (i.e. DMA, DPH, BSAS) and NSMHA standards.
- Manage timely and proper team treatment planning, treatment plan reviews, and periodic case reviews, coordinate Medical Peer Reviews as needed.
- Provide direct clinical service.
- Perform biopsychosocial, multiaxial assessment and diagnosis of potential consumers;
- Conduct individual community based sessions with Adolescents, Young Adults and families utilizing A-CRA/ACC and other EBP.
- Clinically administer caseload of consumers.
- Supervise the treatment team’s formulation and implementation of individualized consumer-centered treatment plans; monitor progress, reevaluate and revise on a weekly basis.
- Oversee and participate in activities of service coordination, consultation and evaluation to successfully manage caseload.
- Oversee and complete all clinical documentation and prior approval forms require
- Facilitate psychoeducational, psychotherapeutic, and or psychosocial rehabilitative groups with program consumers and families.
- Coordinate and provide behavioral crisis intervention and or triage with program consumers, as needed.
- Act as liaison between program and public.
- Provide marketing support in the community as identified by Department Director.
- Provide consultation and education to community agencies.
- Assist the Department Director with the hiring of staff.
- Assist the Department Director in managing daily operating budget for outpatient programming and contracts related to A-CRA/ACC treatment.
- Assist the Department Director in reviewing, revising and developing programming related to A-CRA/ACC services.
- Establish and maintain professional contacts with all vendors care and insurance carriers to ensure proper payment of all claims.
- Maintain respectful and cordial relationships with all collateral providers; identify marketing opportunities and provide marketing support as needed.
- Develop and maintain contacts with community agencies in support of client treatment (i.e. schools, health centers, DYS, DCF, DMH, state court system, detoxes, etc)
Education and Experience Required:
A Master’s degree in an applicable field required. A minimum of two years post-graduate experience within a multidisciplinary treatment setting. Full license/certification preferred or as required for core staffing complement. Must have or obtain Full Certification in A-CRA/ACC Evidence Based Practice within 6 months of hire. Obtain A-CRA/ACC supervisor certification within 8 months of hire. Two years experience working with adolescents. Driver’s license required.