|Job Information || |
The Family Partner works with other members of the ESP Urgent Care and Mobile Crisis teams and provides peer support to parents served by the program. Peer support is defined as using personal and professional life experiences to establish credibility and infuse hope for a better future, to demonstrate unconditional acceptance, and to assist with problem solving. This position is part of an emergency services team providing continuity of care to all emergency clients, families and allied services.
- Serves as a “values speaker” by providing a parent’s perspective.
- Uses personal and professional life experience to provide consultation and training for staff and to increase awareness and improve the effectiveness of parent-professional partnerships to meet the needs of families.
- Participate in program/community meetings to maximize parent voice, choice, and involvement throughout the service delivery process.
- Models effective coping techniques for parents and caregivers.
- Learns the family’s story, culture, strengths, and concerns.
- Serves as a bridge to ensure that family and providers understand each other’s perspective and information.
- Provides parents and caregivers with information about the ESP and the wraparound process and resources to assist them to successfully engage.
- Provides a consistent source of encouragement and hope.
- Ability to articulate the experience and perspective of a parent/caregiver or relative of a child with complex needs involving mental health, child protective, or probation services. This ability is typically acquired as the primary caregiver of a child with complex needs. TO BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE INCLUDE COVER LETTER STATING EXPERIENCE.
- This is an on-site position, with the expectation of mobile response, in addition. Weekends, Holiday and shift rotation will be required.
- Agency Wraparound training.
- Good critical reasoning/thinking and problem solving skills, coordination, customer service, training, and negotiation.
- High School Diploma/GED; some college preferred and up to 3 months of experience