Share this job:
Peer Support Specialist
We are seeking Peer Support Specialists for our new Adult Community Clinical Services Program (ACCS)!
The Peer Support Specialist position is designated for a person who has lived experience and wants to help guide them through the recovery process. The Peer Specialist builds supportive relationships that promote empowerment and self-learning.
The ACCS Program uses clinical and evidence based practices to uncover motivation while working with people to establish meaningful treatment plans and cultivate recovery. Each individual in the program is assigned a primary clinician and works with an integrated team composed of licensed clinicians, peer/recovery specialists and others to meet their individual needs. This position requires excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills and the ability to work independently in the community. Extensive training is provided and ongoing training is available and encouraged.
We have part and full time positions available.
- Support persons served through Life and Care transitions, including visiting a hospital or other restrictive setting in order to provide connection and transition planning.
- Help clients establish goals to aid in their recovery
- Educate non-peer staff about self-directed care and how to best support a person through risk and crisis situations.
- Use peer-supported Evidence Based Practices including WRAP, Motivational Interviewing, mindfulness exercises, Stages of Change, and others
- Commit to becoming an Agent of Change through presenting regular trainings and periodic in-service trainings for non-peer staff
- Provide support through self-disclosure of one’s own experiences and the tenets of Recovery to develop the skills for self-advocacy
- Facilitate and co-facilitate skill-building, mutually supportive groups, and emphasize the importance of quality of life activities and community membership.
- Actively participate in North Suffolk peer team membership through recovery events
- Seek Continuing Education in the Peer Support field to ensure that best practices are upheld and that emerging evidence is incorporated into the work
What You’ll Need:
Must possess or be willing/eligible to obtain one of the following Certifications within the first six months of employment:
- Certified Peer Specialist (CPS)
- Certified Addiction Recovery Coach (CARC)
- Family Partner
Must identify as having Lived Experience of a Mental Health Diagnosis, a Substance Use Addiction, Extreme States, or Trauma that has caused significant life disruption and possess a desire to share those experiences in a purposeful and intentional way to influence the mental health system and provide recovery oriented support to those in ACCS services.
Driver’s license preferred but not required. Must be CPR/first aid certified within three months of hire.
FULL TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
Two Weeks’ Vacation per year (Three Weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
Employer Paid Life Insurance
403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
Medical/Dependent Care/Commuter Flexible Spending Accounts
Access to Credit Union Banking
Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
All Team Members have access to the following benefits:
Employee Referral Bonus Program
Discounted Movie Tickets
Comprehensive Training Program
Internal Advancement Opportunities
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org