Share this job:
Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor – $2,000 sign on bonus
A career with a cause
The Adult Community Clinical Services Program (ACCS) assists more than 450 adults diagnosed with serious and persistent mental illness who have been referred by the Department of Mental Health. This is a clinical program based on the principles of Psychiatric Rehabilitation, person-centered planning, and the belief that recovery is possible. Persons served may live on their own, in group homes or in North Suffolk owned properties. Each person served works with an Integrated Team that includes licensed clinicians, psychiatrists, nurses, addiction specialists, peer specialists and community support specialists.
As the Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor, you’ll lead the team in working with persons served to understand how substance use and potentially addictive behavior impacts the person’s health.
Your goal will be to help the team develop a plan to address the level of use and the impact of substance use and addictive behavior and the persons’ readiness for change.
We are offering a $2,000 sign on bonus
Expectations of the Role:
- Works collaboratively with Recovery Coaches to provide teaching and modeling to the teams on addressing substance use concerns.
- Provides direct interventions and supports to persons.
- Refers persons to community treatment and support programs.
- Provides, as needed, individual, group, and family counseling and psychoeducational services regarding addictions.
- Is trained in evidence based practices including SBIRT, Motivational Interviewing, Stages of Change model and Harm Reduction.
- May provide functions of LPHA in the Integrated Team if person possesses LADC-1 licensure level.
- Document each person’s progress in the confidential record according to established methods and procedures.
- Carries out the assigned interventions and action steps of the treatment plan, to people on an individual, group, and family basis in the office and in community settings.
- Teach behavioral symptom-management techniques to alleviate and manage symptoms not reduced by medication and to promote personal growth and development by assisting people to adapt to and cope with internal and external stresses.
- Provide interventions to assigned persons in GLE settings
What You’ll Need:
- Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor (LADC1) is preferred. LACC-II, CADC and CADC-II may suffice depending on overall experience.
- Previous experience in the provision of clinical or rehabilitative services to adults with substance use disorders and other addictive behaviors required.
- A valid Driver’s license.
- Must be MAP certified and CPR/1st aide certified within the first three months of hire.
How You’ll Stand Out:
- Previous experience in the provision of clinical or rehabilitative services to adults with psychiatric disorders preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred, but not required.
FULL TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
Two Weeks’ Vacation per year (Three Weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
Employer Paid Life Insurance
403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
Medical/Dependent Care/Commuter Flexible Spending Accounts
Access to Credit Union Banking
Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
All Team Members have access to the following benefits:
Employee Referral Bonus Program
Discounted Movie Tickets
Comprehensive Training Program
Internal Advancement Opportunities
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com