Share this job:
Intensive Care Coordinator (Portuguese Bilingual)
The Intensive Care Coordinator (ICC) ensures that youth with behavioral/emotional needs and their families become independent within their own community. The ICC organizes a Care Plan Team and is the key contact for children and families seeking home-base services within the mental health system. The Care Plan Team is composed of the youth’s system of providers, including the PCP, school, DCF, and other mental health and/or medical providers. The ICC also assists the youth/family in navigating thorough medical, educational, legal systems and state agencies.
- Gather information for the completion of comprehensive home-based assessments in the youth’s home or another location indicated by the family.
- Provide education, advocacy and support to youth and family.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of a youth and family centered Individual Care Plan.
- Maintain regular contact (face-to-face and telephone) with the youth, family and other relevant persons in the youth’s life.
- Assist families in navigating through any of the child/family-serving systems and advocate for family members who are involved with behavioral health systems.
- Facilitate the identification and development of natural supports with family input and support.
- Develops an Individual Care Plan and risk management/safety plan which supports the achievement of goals identified by the family in conjunction with the family, care providers, natural supports and case managers.
Education: Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in relevant mental health field required (including but not restricted to, counseling, family therapy, social work, psychology, etc.)
Skills: Must have or be able to acquire Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) certification within three (3) months of employment. Must have Driver’s License and Automobile. Bilingual/bicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Experience: Familiarity with child & youth serving programs preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org