Share this job:
Awake Overnight 4
The Awake Overnight IV reports to the Program Manager/ Licensed Nurse Practitioner. Under the supervision of the Program Manager/ Licensed Nurse Practioner, the Awake Overnight IV is responsible for the safety and well-being of persons in a medical residential setting during overnight shifts. This position provides direct services to people in residential settings based on medical needs and adheres to all agency policies and procedures and licensing/funding source requirements.
- Be awake and available to persons during overnight shift until persons have left residential program, or until the morning staff person arrives.
- Check in with staff, persons who are awake and complete a walk-through of the program every half an hour. Read the Staff Communication Log and review risk plans.
- Perform household maintenance and upkeep as needed.
- Document each person’s progress in the confidential record according to established methods and procedures. Write daily notes at end of shift, noting any incidents and maintain regular communication with other team members.
- For persons who are assessed as being unable to self-administer medication, participate in medication administration per MAP and DMH policies and protocol
- Ensure that all people are treated with dignity and respect and that all services provided are recovery oriented and person centered.
- Performs all duties based on person’s needs and schedule.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Respond appropriately to persons and act as a role model.
- Follow Agency Safety and Risk Mitigation policies and protocols
- Assist in showering if needed, laundry throughout the night, and cleanliness of the entire program.
- Tube feeding/ medications twice throughout the shifts if applicable
- Make lunches for next day, for day program. Make sure clients are appropriately dressed and groomed for day program following day.
- Changing, if needed throughout the night, transport to bathroom when needed, and cleanliness of program.
- Assist in audit of needs of the house, food shopping order, medical supplies etc.
- Documentation in all records, confidential audits once a month
- Medications counts if applicable
Education: High School Diploma/GED equivalent required
- At least six months’ experience with population that has severe and persistent mental illness and/or substance use disorder.
- Must successfully complete all mandatory trainings as required by the Agency within the required timeframe.
- Must obtain CPR/First Aide certification within five (5) continuous months of hire
- Must obtain Massachusetts MAP certification within five (5) continuous months of hire
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license required.
- Must be able to read and write instructions; compose progress notes; read and interpret policy and procedure manuals; understand and follow written and/or verbal instructions; complete data sheets and other documents as needed in a complete and legible fashion.
- Ability to speak effectively, professionally and respectfully.
- Ability to understand and apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems, maintaining composure and professionalism.
- Work is primarily sedative, however off-site travel is required to attend meetings, person functions/appointments, trainings, etc.
- Must have no lifting restrictions in order to assist people and handle routine program functions.
- Individual must have normal vision and hearing.
- Must have full use of both arms and hands.
- Must be able to walk, climb stairs and drive a car, in order to attend off-site functions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org