Share this job:
Assistant Program Manager – DS
The Assistant Program Manager helps oversee an intensive group home where adults with developmental disabilities reside. Responsible for working directly with individuals and staff to ensure that the needs of the Individuals living in the assigned group home is met in all areas of service. Responsible for the supervision of house basic systems including but not limited to ISP and clinical plan implementation, community integration, medication administration, laundry, shopping, menu/meal planning and the maintenance and safety of the group home.
Expectations of the role:
1. Effectively recruit, hire, train, assign, direct, counsel, discipline and evaluate performance of the Group Home DSP Staff
2. Responsible for the implementation of a daily residential schedule, ensuring the program meets Individuals’ needs, and allows for their maximum involvement.
3. Responsible for group homes’ staff schedules, ensuring home(s) are operating per required ratios and are within budget. Manages scheduling for all staffing needs and scheduling changes.
4. Responsible for the supervision of timely input of data by DSP staff.
5. Meets with direct support staff team bi-weekly; documents bi-weekly meeting minutes and provides same to director.
6. Meets with direct support team as needed to support and train them in how to perform their essential job duties and responsibilities and educates staff on agency policies and procedures.
7. Enforces agency training mandates.
8. Supervise and support DSP staff to process all incident and accident reports and human rights issues in a timely manner according to agency policy/procedure. Ensures human rights of Individuals are safeguarded in all interventions.
9. Maintains positive and regular communication with Individual’s family members
10. Supervises the preparation of site(s) and Individual records for DDS licensing and to meet the standards of quality established by the agency and funding sources.
11. Supervises medication administration within assigned group home per MAP and Agency guidelines.
12. Position requires on-call coverage and some evening and weekend work as needed.
13. Position requires some local travel to accompany Individuals to doctor’s appointments or for medical treatment.
DSP I and DSP II
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related discipline preferred. High School Diploma/GED required
- Three years’ of related direct support experience
- One year of supervisory experience
- Must obtain MAP ,CPR/First Aide certification within five (5) continuous months of hire
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license
Two Weeks’ Vacation per year (Three Weeks after 2 years of service), 12 Sick Days per year, and 10 Paid Holidays per year
Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
Employer Paid Life Insurance
403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
Medical/Dependent Care/Commuter Flexible Spending Accounts
Access to Credit Union Banking
Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
All Team Members have access to the following benefits:
Employee Referral Bonus Program
Discounted Movie Tickets
Comprehensive Training Program
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com