Share this job:
Assistant Program Manager
This position is responsible for assisting the programmatic and administrative aspects of a residential program under the supervision of the Program Manager and/or the Residential Services Coordinator.
- Assists in recruiting, training, supervising, evaluating and facilitating progress discipline as needed for all staff.
- Assists in arranging staff schedules to meet the health and safety requirements as well as the individual needs of the residents.
- Assists in supervising the development and implementation of Quality Indicators through the ISP process and program goals.
- Participates in the assessment of individual referrals, admissions and discharges.
- Assists in ensuring the program and individual records are current, comprehensive, and meet agency and funding source standards.
- Assist as liaison with families/guardians, DDS, MCB and other outside service providers.
- Supervises and participates in the housekeeping and maintenance of the house and vehicle.
- Participates in the development of the program budget and monitors the program expenses.
- Assists in supervising the management of individual’s funds and possessions within the guidelines of the ISP and agency.
- Implements agency/department policies and procedures.
- Assists with caseload, ISPS, menu planning, activities and day to day operations of the programs
- Assist with end of the month supervisions, work orders, ordering of food, food shopping, and medication and money audits
- Teach and train staff on their job requirements.
- Complete evaluations of staff
- Review confidential files of individuals, updating all files and manuals of the program on a day to day basis
- Assist in using Kronos, for time sheets and approving time off
- Fill shifts following master schedules that are in place
- Sign staff up for mandated trainings.
- Serves as a Mandated Reporter and is required to advise direct supervisor, DDS and DPPC immediately if abuse and/or neglect of an individual is suspected.
- Handle crisis situations according to agency policies and procedures, seeking resources when necessary.
- Assist individuals with any activities of daily living (ADLs) as applicable to each individual’s abilities.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Two years’ experience in the Human Services field required. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must successfully complete all mandatory trainings as required by the Agency within the required timeframe.
- Must obtain Massachusetts MAP & CPR/First Aide certification within five (5) continuous months of hire
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license required.
- Maintain positive relationships with DDS with regard to licensing, referrals and ongoing treatment.
- Ensuring that the residence property as a whole is free of safety hazards for both individuals and staff; contacting facilities maintenance to initiate needed repairs; and ensuring emergency evacuation plans are in place and are familiar to both individuals and staff. Obligated to report any incidents and injuries as soon as possible to supervisor and appropriate agencies according to federal, state and/or contract regulations.
- Work is primarily sedative, however off-site travel is required to attend meetings, client functions/appointments, trainings, etc.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com