To accomplish our vision of providing the highest quality of care to the individuals that we serve, North Suffolk has assembled a team of talented and driven Human Services professionals who dedicate themselves to improving the lives of those most in need. If you have the desire to make a difference in the lives of other and seek a forward thinking organization in which to develop your talents, then join our growing team of professionals who make strides every day.
North Suffolk offer competitive salary and benefits to staff working 20 or more hours per week (for hours less than 40, benefits are pro-rated):
- Two Weeks Vacation per year; Three Weeks after 2 years of service
- 12 Sick Days per year
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- Health & Dental Insurance, with generous employer contribution
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Medical/Dependent Care/Commuter Flexible Spending Accounts
- Access to Credit Union Banking
- Flexible Tuition Reimbursement
- Access to State Tuition Remission Program (Worksite Specific)
All Team Members have access to the following benefits:
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Comprehensive Training Program
- Internal Advancement Opportunities
At North Suffolk Mental Health Association (NSMHA), training for our staff is a priority. We believe that all staff can benefit from furthering their knowledge base and depth. No matter your breadth of experience and/or extent of education, we offer trainings through classes, webinars and practical experiences for every employee of the agency. All staff have many trainings available to them starting with an Orientation consisting of 14 classes, and then on-going trainings covering Clinical issues, Health/Safety concerns, Management components, and Documentation concepts. We have professionals from the community as well as agency staff with expertise teaching our trainings. Staff are encouraged to achieve trainer status in areas they excel in professionally. As our programs continue to grow, we supplement our training calendar regularly. We have a dedicated Training Center that has more than 1500 square feet of training rooms available to all of our programs for their staff development.
The Comprehensive training schedule available includes; First Aid/CPR, Medication Administration (MAP), Non-Abusive Psychological and Physical Intervention (NAPPI), IAP/ISP process, Human Rights, Sign Language, clinical issues such as “Hearing Voices” and Boundaries in a Professional Setting-on behalf of both clients and staff, and other training areas as deemed necessary.